One of the Microsoft Outlook errors that usually occurs while sending or receiving emails is the 0x800ccc0d error. The 0x800ccc0d error usually occurs if Outlook is unable to detect that you have an Internet connection. This error can occur in all versions of Outlook. This article is about the causes and efficient solutions for this particular error.
Instructions to follow to resolve this error-
- Check if the internet connection is available or not. Connection to server is impossible from Outlook without internet connection. Just open any browser and try to open google. If it’s opening, please send a test email to yourself. If email is on, then you have internet connection, otherwise you will get the error message.
- If the login details you entered are incorrect, this error may also occur, so you need to check your login details. Follow these steps for that-
- Go to the Start option and then go to Run.
- Type “Control Panel” in it.
- If you’re in Classic View, double-click the email.
- Click “switch to classic view” if classic view is not there and then double-click mail.
- Click “show profiles” in the mail settings dialog.
- There will be an option “When I start Microsoft Office Outlook”. Go to “use this profile”, then click “prompt” and then “add”.
- Click OK after typing a suitable profile name in the “Profile Name” option.
- The “Email Accounts” dialog will appear. Click “add a new email account”. After that, click Next.
- Click on the appropriate server type and then click “Next”.
- Type your accurate login details into the boxes and then click “Next”.
- Finally click “Finish” and then click “OK” to complete the procedure.
Then send a test email to you again, the error will be fixed.