Kahoot is undoubtedly one of the most used digital teaching tools as it can involve students in learning by playing.
What is Kahoot?
Kahoot! has the mission, as its payoff mentions, “Make learning awesome! “, To make learning great! Thanks to the platform, it is possible to carry out challenges in the classroom through quizzes. By registering, you can ask questions to ask your students and count the scores obtained by each, decreeing the winner. Students will access the quiz in a completely safe way. They will not have to register themselves but connect through a code.
How To Create Kahoot Quiz?
- Sign up for Kahoot!
- From the user area, you can start creating a quiz.
- You can enter different questions: multiple-choice, true or false, create surveys, insert images or videos from your PC, or choose from the gallery on the platform.
- You can choose the type of answer and the number of options you want by entering the wrong ones and the right ones.
- For each question, it is possible to choose the time for the answer.
- You can also choose pre-set questions from the question bank.
- Kahoot! Automatically save quiz updates.
- You can enter a title, cover image, and description to your quiz.
- You can decide to make the created quiz private or public.
- Click on “Done” to finish the creation. If any items are missing, Kahoot will tell you which ones and give you the option to pick up where you left off.
- At this point, you will receive a PIN code to share with whoever you want to take part in the quiz.
Digital teaching tools: Kahoot! in the classroom.
- Ask each student to position themselves in front of a PC (or tablet/smartphone). If there are fewer devices than students, have someone participate in a team. Invite them to connect to the following address: https://kahoot.it.
- By entering the PIN, students can access the “room” of the quiz, and you can start with the challenge!
- Explain to the students how the challenge will take place: the interactive quiz will start, and each student will have to answer the questions in real-time; after each answer, the system will summarize the ranking status. You will lead the challenge by starting each question!